Wednesday 1 January 2014

A Pause For Reflection, and a New Adventure.


It's time to sit awhile behind the long fallen tree, with baited hook...and ponder. Ponder the flow before me and gaze downstream at the distant bend in the river.
 At the point where I rest the river flows steady. There are of course, seasonal differences, but it's path is predictable and unwinding.
 I crane my neck to view ahead. It's different there, fresh and stimulating.  I've concluded that I need to go explore the backwaters and tributaries beyond.....and I need to go alone...However..I will be back.

6 comments:

  1. The anglers prayer :o)

    Nice one Gurn, I hope that '14 rewards your ramblings and look forward with relish to reading about the path you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post to start the new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Wishes. Always enjoy your posts. You have a great way of putting things into perspective. May your cane be as bent as a copper outside Downing Street.

    (Hee hee. Shouldn't laugh at my own jokes but I just thought of that one).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Gurn! It's time to return to the blogosphere, we are getting withdrawal symptoms!

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats happened to Gurn and his blog?

    ReplyDelete