Thursday 28 January 2010

The Noble Roach

Is there not a fish swimming that holds such a place in the fishermans heart as the noble Roach.Almost every angling book I have read lauds it as "probably the first fish you will catch".As you have seen, this statement holds true with me.
I have to admit that it has not been a species I have targeted for many a year.However,the waters are freezing and as an angler who will set his stall out for "them that are 'aving it"..this weeks prey was redfins.
The air was bitter and the breeze cut into the hands that filled the feeder.As I drunk tea I thought back to that Tartan thermos (I bet you can still procure one on e-bay.mmm)I still think them fish must get really cold.A depth of 14ft is no place really to be waiting after a total month long freeze-over for some loon to toss you a plastic recepticle full of Turmeric flavoured red maggots....is it?...Indeed it is,and now I know how big they get...

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful roach (and a fab hat too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my hat..It kind of feels just right, is warm and waterproof. It is made by "Hoggs of Fife".

    ReplyDelete