Thursday 27 May 2010

Paying for Paradise


The Intrepid Piscator It's that time of year when we all have to start thinking about buying Club tickets and paying for syndicates.
I am fortunate enough to have access to enough waters to last my lifetime. I have however joined a new syndicate on the River Gt.Ouse, it's the same stretch that produced my pb of 14lb 15oz but I am told that few Barbel remain, most of the stock have unfortunately been predated by Otters. It is a nice place to be though and I am looking forward to revisiting.
A cheque has also been winging its way to the residence of one Les Bamford for my annual pilgrimage to the beautiful Redmire Pool.

I saw an interesting article in this weeks Carp Talk magazine reporting on the recent netting of the pool. Apparently around 30 Common Carp under 15lb have been removed as part of the management of the fishery. I have to admit that any one of those fish would've made my year..oh well, there's still plenty to go for...maybe this year will be the year I get to land one of these awesome fish.
I will also be dabbling around on the many waters I have locally hoping to get a few and eyeing up potential venues for the future. We are not far from the glorious 16th now and I love the buzz of this time of year.

Wherever you choose to cast a line this season, I wish you well and hope your angling dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment