Tuesday 14 September 2010

The Spirit Of Redmire

It's a very rare occurrence that I publish a photo not taken by myself but I'm sure you'll agree that the picture below captures the spirit of all we hold dear in this wonderful pursuit of ours.
 It is with the generous permission of fellow Redmire Pool forumite "dick moss" that I am able to bring you this fantastic image of a Redmire Common leaping from the depths of the fabled pool. He describes the scene as follows.
"I was fishing from the 4th to the 8th of August, two days after the 25th anniversary of Dick Walkers death, when Les (Bamford) asked us about re-naming 'The Willow Pitch' (Walker's Pitch), it was so obvious, and with all hands up it became 'Walker's Pitch'....I was the first person fish the pitch under this name and the photo was taken there"
Great story and a great photograph.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic picture mate, rivals the one hanging in the Red Lion of the salmon leaping in one of the pools.

    It is a wonderful place Redmire.

    ReplyDelete